top of page

USCIS Begins Accepting Online Filing of Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative (Immigrant Petition

U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) begins accepting online filing of form I-130, “Petition for Alien Relative”.

“Petition for Alien Relative” is a petition, that US Citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents file to obtain immigration of their spouses, children (married, unmarried, adopted, or stepchildren), parents, and siblings to United States.

US Citizens are permitted to petition for immigration of their spouses, parents, siblings as well as married and unmarried children of any age.

Children of Lawful Permanent Residents (not US Citizens), sons/daughters, and brothers/sisters are known as derivative beneficiaries. No separate petition is required for immigration of the said children. They immigrate when principal immigrant immigrates. On the other hand, children of US Citizens require separate petition.

Lawful Permanent Residents are permitted to petition for their spouses and unmarried children (any age) only.

With addition of form I-130, the following eight USCIS forms may be filed online:

1. Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card;

2. Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative;

3. Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status;

4. Form N-336, Request for a Hearing on a Decision in Naturalization Proceedings

(Under Section 336 of the INA);

5. Form N-400, Application for Naturalization;

6. Form N-565, Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document;

7. Form N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship; and

8. Form N-600K, Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate Under S. 322.

For Additional information and/or assistance, please feel free to contact Law Firm of Santosh K. Pawar, Esq., via email at, WhatsApp at (585) 474-0935, or call at (585) 264-1649.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Follow Us
  • LinkedIn Social Icon
  • Facebook Basic Square
bottom of page